If you are new to QESST, there are some steps you can take to acquaint yourself with our organization and the resources that are available to you as a student. The next list is a good place to start, besides talking to your PI and SLC university liaison!
Knowing where you fit in:
- Learn more about being a QESST scholar from the New Student Handbook
- ID your affiliated project from the list of QESST Year 7 Research Projects.
- See how your project connects to others on the 3-plane diagram.
- Explore other research menus to learn more about the thrusts, testbeds, and their current projects and leaders.
Knowing who to contact:
- Admins for QESST – Katie Taylor, Katherine.Taylor55@asu.edu, and Bob Sampson, Robert.Sampson@asu.edu
- Contact them to receive your username and password for qesst.net
- Connect with the University Liason at your school
- Join the student mailing by filling out the Student Information Form.
- Participate in educational outreach activities by signing up for events here.
- Learn about the equipment available to you across all 8 universities: All-QESST equipment info.
- ASU students can gain access to QESST-affiliated rooms on campus by following the instructions here.
Supplementary – What is an Engineering Research Center?