IMPORTANT DATES FOR SCHOLARS:
- Saturday, April 20: Submit your POSTER to QESST.Posters.email@example.com
- Sunday, May 5, 8:30am-5pm: Student Retreat @ Bartlett Lake, all scholars including post docs are welcome!
- Monday, May 6: DOE / Student interaction day
- Tuesday May 7 & Wednesday May 8: Site Visit
Read this year’s Annual Report Project Summaries:
To do BEFORE the site visit:
- RSVP for Site Visit: For planning purposes, we want to know who is coming to Site Visit and when! Please RSVP, tentative dates of attendance are fine. Every research project should be represented by at least one poster at the poster session on Tuesday 7th, but more is better! Even if you are not presenting a poster, you are highly encouraged to attend as much of Site Visit as possible, including the Student Retreat on Sunday, May 5.
- RSVP for Student Retreat: If you are able to make it. Everyone is welcome to join!
- Fill out the SWOT SURVEY: This is a questionnaire on our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats required by NSF for all Engineering Research Centers. We expect input from ALL QESST scholars. Make your voice heard!
POSTER: DUE APRIL 20th!
Please find Site Visit 2018 Poster Template HERE with which to prepare your research poster for Site Visit. Posters need to be submitted by Saturday, April 20 for review and printing. Please look over the poster submission guidelines for instructions. A few rules/suggestions for your poster:
- Submit your poster as a .pdf and .ppt
- Save the file the following formatting “ThrustNumber_LastName_FirstNa
me.pdf” & “ThrustNumber_LastName_FirstNa me.ppt”.
- Boxes can be resized/added if you want, but the idea is to make this a “Results arena” layout, giving the result the most valuable real estate on top for the interesting/important stuff.
- Margins for the document are marked. Don’t put text/figures outside or it might not print properly.
- Font: Arial for main text and titles, >20pt. NO serif fonts (i.e. don’t put Times New Roman in your figures or anywhere else), spacing >= 1
- Useful tips for spacing and other details: http://colinpurrington.com/tip
- Colors: make sure your message gets across, even for color-blind audience members. Run it through this simulator to check! http://www.color-blindness.com
- Thrust/Project Titles: You do not need to write this on your poster, but you will need to know it for the poster session. You can find the thrust and project titles included in this years’ annual report attached. Work with your colleagues and PI’s to determine which project your work falls under. It may be an unlisted project.
- Demos are welcome: reply to this email if your demo has special needs.
If you are interested in helping review posters prior to printing to check for completeness and compatibility, please e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, please feel free to send any questions to email@example.com. Please continue to pay attention to QESST emails/newsletters leading up to Site Visit, even if you cannot attend. They are all important!